BE THE LIGHT™ Fortnite Gaming Tournament September 26 & 27
BE THE LIGHT™ Call of Duty Tournament July 18 & 19
BE THE LIGHT™ Scented Candles
BE THE LIGHT™ Christmas Gift Card Drive
Ari Arteaga Foundation – Direct Assistance – August 2019
Cypris Chatham is a 25-year-old single, hardworking young woman who recently adopted her 4 young siblings because the parents were unfit to raise them. Her young siblings were going to be split up and put in foster care. Cypris stepped in and formally adopted all of them. We assist her with a monthly gift card to help with the groceries as we know young children have a growing appetite and food can get quite expensive.
BE THE LIGHT™ Domino Tropical Family Fest Fundraiser – May 18, 2019 at Christopher Columbus High School
Event was held at the Christopher Columbus Café, on a Saturday afternoon, with 16 teams of double 6 dominos and 32 teams of double 9 domino tournament play. We joined generations from high school students to senior citizens and all other ages in between. It could not have been planned any better as the final game at the championship table was played by 2 college female students with 2 seasoned senior citizen players. Wisdom took home the 1st place trophy. $22,000
BE THE LIGHT™ @ The Light – April 8, 2019 at Mark Light Stadium at the University of Miami Campus
- Jesuit VS Florida Christian Varsity Baseball Game
- Two great athletic programs in the Miami community came together to play a varsity baseball game fundraiser benefiting the Ari Arteaga Foundation. It was an evening of friendly competition with a supportive community.
BE THE LIGHT™ Toiletry Drive and Food Drive – February – April 2019
BE THE LIGHT CLUB and the Ari Arteaga Foundation hosted a toiletry drive and food drive benefiting the homeless kids in some of the community’s public high schools. Thanks to our caring community, we were able to collect a large number of toiletries and non-perishable food. The Ari Arteaga Foundation also purchased additional goods that were needed to complete the basic inventory. Volunteers from the clubs met regularly to sort the donated goods which were distributed among four different high schools, in order to stock their respective pantries.
BE THE LIGHT™ Leadership Program
Presentations offered to the BE THE LIGHT Club members, hosted at Mark Light Stadium, University of Miami campus.
- February 7, 2019 – Approximately 70 club members attended. Alex Cora, manager of the Boston Red Sox 2018 World Series Champs and Laz Gutierrez, mental skills coordinator for the Red Sox, led the group with interactive activities and presentation. Laz discussed purpose, communication, self-awareness, seek information not affirmation, and how to invest in others. Alex spoke about connection, communication, preparation, and execution.
- April 4, 2019 – Event started with an interesting and fun exercise on putting together a puzzle without viewing the final graphic. Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nunez spoke on how her life’s experiences prepared her for her current position.
BE THE LIGHT™ Youth in Transition
Assisted Elisabeth Altamirano, a Senior at South Ridge Senior High School and a Project UP_START youth who lives on her own, without family support. We helped her complete her senior year with gift cards and financial assistance.
BE THE LIGHT™ CANDLE FUNDRAISER OCTOBER 2018
Due to government funding cuts, ‘Abriendo Puertas’ in Little Havana, a non-for profit after school program for students in kindergarten to 8th grade, decreased enrollment from 100 to 58 students. We raised $6,600 from the sale of the BE THE LIGHT Candles which provided scholarships to 15 qualified students as financial support to the families of these children, as well as, peace of mind knowing their child is in a safe and caring environment after school. BE THE LIGHT Club Members from Carrolton School of the Sacred Heart participated by hosting a 2-week fundraiser selling over 100 candles to help achieve our contribution.
BE THE LIGHT™ OF THE PARTY – OCTOBER 27, 2018 AT FLORIDA BAPTIST FOSTER HOME
Hosted a birthday party for the children born in the month of October with a group of volunteers from the BE THE LIGHT CLUB.
BE THE LIGHT™ BUDDY – NOVEMBER 3, 2018 AT FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE KENDALL
Being a friend of a special need’s child at The Friendship Circle, a non-for-profit organization
BE THE LIGHT™ DREAM GETAWAY – MAKING DREAMS COME TRUE – NOVEMBER 2, 2018
A struggling family of 4 visited Disney World’s Magic Kingdom and SeaWorld family vacation for the first time, with a generous donation. The mother has been battling Stage 4 cancer and her 5 and 6-year-old daughters had always wanted to go to Disney World. We showered them with the light of joy and happy memories. The Mike Lowell Foundation partnered with us to make this dream come true.
LIGHT THE NIGHT KICKOFF COCKTAIL FUNDRAISER – NOVEMBER 16, 2018, LENNAR FOUNDATION MEDICAL CENTER AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
Raised $34,000. Thankful to celebrate with 350 guests, enjoying live entertainment and DJ. A silent auction was held
BE THE LIGHT™ AT THANKSGIVING – NOVEMBER 18, 2018. CITY OF SOUTH MIAMI
- Being a friend of a special need’s child at The Friendship Circle, a non-for-profit organization
- Collaborated with Stunnas Fit to receive donations, as they opened their facility to serve the families of South Miami.
- On November 18th we fed our neighbors in need in the South Miami area
- Purchased food and served a warm meal.
- Hosted a Thanksgiving Food drive (canned and dried goods)
- Donated 100 turkeys
BE THE LIGHT BOWL FLAG FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT FUNDRAISER – NOVEMBER 11, 2018 AT KENDALL BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
- Raised $82,000
- 480 participants made up of 4 divisions – 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade and high school
- 5 game play
- Over 1000 spectators
- VIP Area
- Kid Zone
- Food Vendors
- 2 DJ’s
BE THE LIGHT™ FOR HUNGRY TEENS – DECEMBER 10, 2018
Joined forces with Operation Day to Day and contributed $1,000 to help fill the pantry at Miami Southridge Senior High School for the teens from Project Up-Start.
BE THE LIGHT™ OF CHRISTMAS DECEMBER 21, 2018
In 13 hours, raised $7,500.00.
- Southridge High School – Fulfilled the Christmas Wish List of 29 Project Up-Start families (149 children/youth and parents). We purchased and received over 100 gift card donations and gifts.
- Chapman Partnership – Toy drive for children from 3 years of age to 18 years old
- Purchased and received toy and gift donations for kids from pre-school through high school